Mark Your Calendars for Tate's Regional Science Fair!
Tate's School will host it's 13th Annual Regional Science Fair on April 6, 7 & 8 (2014). The three-day event invites students from across the East Tennessee area to participate in Life Science, Earth Science and Physical Science categories. A panel of judges from local universities, the Oak Ridge National Labs, area hospitals and other related fields will be on hand to judge the projects. Registration forms are available on our Events page!
To nurture and work with pre-school through fifth grade age children to promote academic excellence, assist in their intellectual development, and mentor them in their moral evolution to the point that they are capable of becoming successful, productive, accountable young men and women of sound character and reputation.
Ages 3 to 11 are the most formative years in a child's education. That's why Tate's has chosen to focus strictly on pre-K through fifth grade in order to prepare students of that age group with the foundation they need in order to achieve academic excellence as they move up the educational ladder.
It is not enough to simply provide students with rudimentary skills and pass them on to another grade level. While a solid base is crucial to future success, children must be positively challenged and taught how to surpass basic standards of accomplishment. As a result, all of our resources – instructional, personnel, campus, etc. are dedicated to bringing out the full potential of our student population to help them perform with a much higher degree of academic proficiency.
As part of our mission, we are also dedicated to assisting our students with their character development. Ethical behavior such as telling the truth, assuming personal responsibility, respect for authority, respect for fellow students, self discipline, punctuality, and other life skills are regularly taught. Consequently, discipline issues are extremely rare, as are negative influences.
At Tate's School, we are committed to providing your child with a safe, nurturing environment that will:
- Challenge your child intellectually
- Inspire your child creatively
- Educate your child culturally
- Enrich your child emotionally
- Provide an advanced academic program
- First, we strive to create a strongly affirmative environment where students feel safe and supported as we embolden them to challenge themselves and take educational risks within our accelerated curriculum.
- Second, we work together to make our curriculum effective and sequential, aiming always to make learning as meaningful for each young person as we possibly can.
- Third, we select talented, enthusiastic teachers and provide them with the support and training that they need to develop professionally.
- Finally, we embrace our students with a sense of belonging, stimulating lessons, body-brain compatible activities, and continuous opportunities to expand their knowledge about themselves and an understanding of their world.