Through planned sequential lessons and the exploration of various media including painting, drawing, printmaking, clay, sculpture, weaving and mixed media, TK-5 students are guided toward purposeful artistic expression and informed artistic response. Art is taught as a specific content area and is also integrated with other subjects in the curriculum.Lessons are planned around six goal areas:
- Developing Perceptual Awareness
- Valuing Art and Making Aesthetic Judgments
- Art in the world around us.
- Art History and Appreciation
- Studying major artists and works of art and the art of other cultures
- Production of Art
Art education gives students the ability to solve problems artistically using a variety of media to develop unique solutions.